Concise Oxford English Dictionary Portable | 159.81 MB
The Concise Oxford English Dictionary is the most popular dictionary of its kind around the world and is noted for its clear, concise definitions as well as its comprehensive and authoritative coverage of the vocabulary of the English-speaking world.
- Over 240,000 words, phrases, and definitions, covering technical and scientific vocabulary as well as English from around the world, completely updated with hundreds of new words.
- Quick and advanced search functions help you find the information you are looking for quickly.
- Over 50,000 spoken pronunciations in British English, so that you can hear how words are pronounced.
- Updated with hundreds of new words and phrases, based on the latest research from the Oxford English Corpus.
- Word Histories feature telling the often bizarre stories of the origins and development of 100s of words.
- Hundreds of extra notes on grammar and usage covering a wide range of topics, from confusable words to punctuation and spelling.
- Rich vocabulary coverage including scientific, technical, World English, rare, historical, and archaic terms.
- Appendices containing lists of alphabets, currencies, chemical elements, electronic English, and more.